Money-Saving Apps for Your Smartphone
Your smartphone is one of the best budgeting tools out there today – but you have to find the right apps to make it work. There are a few standouts in the thousands of money management apps available today. Here are some of the best money-saving apps you should download to your smartphone today.
Money Management Apps
Looking to track your spending, save towards specific goals or just get a budget nailed down? These smartphone apps are the best for managing your money:
- Mint: Choose this popular app if you love looking at charts and graphs. Mint makes all your spending and saving easy to track with these visual tools. It’s easy to sync up your bank accounts so that you can see exactly where your money is going. Mint automatically categorizes your purchases to help you stick to your budget. You can also set savings goals and incorporate bill reminders.
- Manilla: Another popular app among the budget-conscious, Manilla offers a minimalist design that simplifies your budgeting information as succinctly as possible. You can organize your spending so you can see it by day, by week or by month. Manilla’s specialty, however, is online bill management. You’ll be able to pay all of your bills online with the click of a button and set up reminders so you never miss a payment. In addition to your bills, you can also sync up information for other programs, including frequent flyer accounts, healthcare memberships, subscriptions and rewards programs. Manilla automatically searches your email to find all the programs it can sync with.
- HelloWallet: If you’re new to budgeting, HelloWallet makes it easy to get starting. There are plenty of step-by-step tutorials included in the app for helpful topics like retirement savings, emergency funds and reducing debt. You also get helpful tools to help you track your spending and saving. This is a slightly more advanced tool, so you’ll need a paid account in order to access many of HelloWallet’s most useful resources and tools.
Online Payment Apps
Use your phone to make online payments more efficient. These apps are some of the top choices for paying online:
- Venmo: Venmo is a great way to make sure you pay others and get paid appropriately. Link your accounts to this app and you can make and receive payments quickly and easily. This is perfect for shared bills, meals out with friends or any other situation where you may owe someone or vice versa. Stop using cash and checks and just send or receive money with the tap of a finger.
- Wallaby: Buying things online or in person is much easier with Wallaby. You can easily decide which credit card is the best to use for each purchase just by entering a bit of information in the app. This is great for people who strategically use credit cards to get various rewards, like cash back, air miles, etc.
Stop overspending when you shop. Install these apps to your phone to save on everyday purchases:
- Hukkster: Wait for the sale and get the best price when you use Hukkster. This app allows you to enter in certain products that you are looking for. Hukkster will monitor the web and alert you when those products go on sale or when a coupon code becomes available. This app saves you both money and time by eliminating the need to constantly monitor sites for sales.
- Target Cartwheel: This is a must-have for any frequent Target shopper. You can see all the weekly ads, get access to special coupons and get deals and coupons sent directly to your phones and redeem them with your phone at checkout.
- Cellfire: You can link your rewards cards to this app and have deals sent directly to your phone. You can also get more deals by becoming a registered user. The app also features a UPC code scanner that will tell you whether the item qualifies for any savings.
- Shopkick: This unique app gives you points just for walking into major chain stores (Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, etc.). Those points add up, and you can redeem them later for special offers and discounts.
Other Money-Saving Apps
Here are a few other handy apps to save a few bucks:
- Groupon: Make your money go further by perusing the daily deals on this popular app. You can find huge discounts on everything from local restaurants and retailers to travel experiences and helpful services.
- Gas Buddy: Put this app on your phone and use it to find the closest gas stations. You’ll be able to compare prices so that you won’t overspend at the pump.
- RedLaser: Scan barcodes on products and you’ll get instant price comparisons for other nearby stores. You can also buy items directly from the app and pick them up in-store.
- Kayak: Kayak will scan hundreds of travel sites to find the best deals on all kinds of travel purchases, including flights, car rentals and hotels.
What other people are reading:
Eat Out Cheap Without Being Cheap
Eat Well on a Shoestring Budget
Tips for Finding Cheap Flights
3 Cheap Ways to Get Custom Business Cards
Safely Save Money on Resort Scuba Certifications