Creative Money Saving Tips Part 1
Want to save money? Here are some creative things you can do to cut back on expenses and earn more money from everything you do:
- Find a bank that gives back — Banks that offer low or no ATM fees, a good return on your savings account, and no overdraft fees are a good choice for your business. You may find that local and state banks offer better deals than the national banks.
- Keep an eye on your account -- Want to make sure that you’re not losing money every month? Keep an eye on your bank account, and check it weekly to ensure that all of the expenses add up. If there is an expense you don’t recognize, contact your bank immediately.
- Use a budgeting app or program to create a budget -- Having a budget is the key to being financially savvy, and you’ll find that it’s much easier to set aside money every month if you know EXACTLY where your paycheck is going. You can use an app on your mobile phone or tablet or a program on your computer, and divide up those expenses to know where your money is being spent.
- Give up costly habits -- Do you have any habits that cost you a lot of money? This could include smoking, drinking more than a bottle of wine or a six-pack per week, doing drugs, or even stopping for a Starbucks coffee every day. Say “no” to expensive habits, and try to trim down your expenses as much as possible.
- Look for deals -- There are dozens of sites that offer great deals, such as Groupon, Living Social, and Yipit. You’ll find that there are hundreds of different coupons and discounts you can get on all sorts of awesome activities, so it’s worth signing up for deals in your city.
- Go for Uber -- Instead of taking a taxi everywhere, take an Uber. Not only are the cars cheaper, but you’ll find that the service is usually much better.
- Find ways to get things done for free -- Want to save money on your dental work, your hair cut, or other important things? Try visiting a local dentist’s college, medical school, or beauty school. You will find that they will usually provide good (not top notch, but decent) services at a much lower price–or even for free!
- Do Spa treatments at home — Instead of splurging on an expensive day spa, give yourself all the spa treatments at home. You can make your own lotions, creams, and serums, or just buy them at your local supermarket. A pack of candles, some soft music, and a bubble bath will be all you need to complete the spa day!
- Cut back on shower time -- How long do you really need to spend in the shower? If you can get your body clean in 5 minutes, why spend 20 minutes soaking under the water? Cutting back on shower time can seriously help to reduce your water bill.
- Turn down the water heater – Many people have the water heater turned on full blast, which makes the water very hot–too hot for most. Turn down the temperature on the water heater, and shower with water that is hot but not scalding. You’ll save a small fortune on your monthly heating bill.
- Try fitness at home – Did you know that you can get fit for free at home? You don’t even need exercise videos, but you can find all manner of great videos on YouTube, Netflix, and GaiamTV. There are many sites that offer online video exercise courses, and they’re a great way to get in shape without spending a penny.
Read Part 2 for more creative money saving tips…
What other people are reading:
Meals for Less Than $2 Per Person
3 Unique Ways of Using Colored Eggshells from Easter
9 Easy Ways to Save Money on Amazon
6 Mental Tricks to Help You Spend Less & Save More
7 Simple Ways to Cut Traveling Costs